Why you need to speed up your website. Website speed optimisation is just as important as putting keywords in your content article. Why? Digital marketing guru, Neil Patel, states that a one-second delay leads to 11% of fewer page views and 7% loss in conversions.
That second can have your customers leave your page and do business elsewhere. More importantly, you won’t rank well on search engines.
So, what to do to amp up your speed?
- Compress files without harming quality. The smaller your files are, the faster your website will load. However, it is in your best interest to have these files compress without hurting its quality. Enabling compression with Gzip will let your site run with optimised speed.
- Optimise CSS by cleaning codes. Having CSS in HTML codes and put it in an external stylesheet. It’ll reduce the code and creates fewer complications too. In addition, it’ll make your website load faster.
- Reduce the number of plugins on the site. Plugins can improve your websites such as web security, user-friendliness, and seo. But, one potential downside is that it can create chaos and technical difficulties. For one, it can slow down your website loading speed.
- Lessen your redirects. Redirect pages are necessary to inform readers about moved or deleted pages. Too many of them, however, can impact speed, especially on mobile devices. Google recommended eliminating them all if necessary.
Google PageSpeed Insights
These are just basic ways to speed up your website. You can talk to us about how to optimise your website speed for you. Meanwhile, you can read these exciting bits on how page speed optimisation can benefit you.
Benefits of page website speed optimisation
There are many advantages for loading your website faster. From usability to better index crawling, a well-optimised page can better your chance to improve traffic. Here are the benefits to speed up your website.
- 1. Improved user experience. Your visitors have better web experience if your page loads faster. Who wouldn’t go berserk over a site that takes forever to load?
- 2. Boosts website traffic. More and more visitors will get to visit your site and explore it with no hassle. They won’t be clicking the exit anytime, right? This brings us to lesser bounce rates and more real traffic.
- 3. Higher ranking in Google. When many people visit your website, Google will think that it’s a highly reputable one. Why? Google is all about user experience. And when the search engine finds out that people love, it’ll reward you with a higher rank.
- 4. Faster index crawl. Faster index crawling means higher chances of individual page ranking by search engines. It lets Google understand your site better and be able to place you in lead searches.
- 5. Higher conversion rates. We did mention that people are more likely to engage with a fast website download. Therefore, you get to convert leads to customers better because of their web experience.
Every second count, why it really matters to improve your website speed.
Website speed optimisation might be a little complicated if you don’t know or practice it early on. If you need help in understanding the process, you can always rely on PurpleCow Digital Marketing to ensure your page speed.
If you would like a free website audit, please send us an email at st******@pu*******.digital. We have seo plans that can further amp up your site’s ranking. Visit our page to see what other quality services we can offer you.