When building a website, there are two decisions you can make – get a template theme or do a custom-built site. These options have their advantages and we will delve deeper on that.
What’s a custom-built website?
A custom-built website is generated from scratch. It is coded to suit whatever your business is into. There’s no template that will constraint to your needs.
Custom-built websites are flexible to updates and will grow as your business grows. Unlike templated sites, personalized ones are easier to modify.
Custom-fit to the business
Can be updated anytime
Better SEO ranking
Flexible when businesses grow
Highly responsive and optimized for mobile
The website is dependent on the skill of the developer
What’s a template website?
A template is a ready-to-use, built-in theme found in most content management systems (CMS). They already have certain layout, fonts, and colors you can choose in their options.
Templated websites are fast and easy to implement. You can just buy or download them for free on the web.
Fast to implement
Ideal for startup businesses
Easy to maintain
Restricted in design and updates
Navigation conforms only to the theme
Security is an issue
Functionality is limited
How to choose one for your business
It all comes down boiling to your decision and how you want your business to be received by customers. If you can’t decide between the two, here are some factors you need to consider.
• Your budget. You can only give and afford as much as you can. Custom-built websites are indeed expensive, while templates are often cheap or free to download on the internet. Perhaps as time goes by, you can further improve your website with ROI you have.
• Scalability. Template websites can’t really offer scalability. If your business improves and expands, you might want to scale up your website too. Custom-built sites make it easier for you to update. They’re more flexible to changes.
• Deadline. If you’re time-constricted, the fastest way to implement a website is to have template one. By buying themes, you already have its basic properties to customize further on the site.
• Kind of website needed. Do you need a blog, personal site, business website, or e-commerce website? Each of those requires a different website set up to better suit its needs. A blog might only need simple features while an e-commerce site needs help in managing so many aspects of it.
• Responsiveness. Whether it’s custom-made or a template one, have a website that’s responsive to mobile devices. With many people nowadays using their phones to search the web, you need to optimize your site for mobile uses too.
Need help on your website?
Purple Cow Digital Marketing offers both custom-built and template website services for your business needs. If you can’t decide on which to choose, just drop us a message and we’ll help you there.
Head to our project application page and let us know what you need from us. We will also be asking you some questions about your website needs.
What Makes Our Websites Stand Out?
We Deliver Web Marketing Services And Web Development Services That Will GROW Your Business
We offer a premium WordPress website design service that is created with search engine optimisation in mind. We are dedicated to helping businesses grow with our strategic design.
So you have a stunning shiny new website…..but how do you make the most of this business asset? We offer training to enable you to be able to use your website to its potential
We help you develop a strategic digital marketing campaign directed at your target customers, maximising your advertising dollar.
We all know it is essential to maintain a good social media presence, but seriously, who has the time? We can show you how to maximise content you produce and set up automatic feeds.
Affordable web design Redcliffe based. We are able to service local and remote clients for all their website design and digital marketing needs. We are genuinely passionate about helping you grow your business. We want to see you live the lifestyle you want to live, not just make the money you need to survive.
Affordable Web Design Redcliffe
We offer a complete range of web and digital solutions:
- Strategic Digital Marketing
- Custom Websites
- Template Websites
- Startup Websites
- Small Business Websites
- Social Media Campaigns
- Graphic Design
- Professional logos and branding
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Website Audits
- Business Discovery Workshops
- Website care plans
- WordPress Training
- SEO Training
- Social Media Training
- Onsite Training
- Downloadable PDF & Video Training
Redcliffe Web Design and Digital Marketing Agency
We are dedicated to helping small business grow with our dedicated web marketing services and web development services. We are local just like you! Based at Scarborough on the beautiful Redcliffe peninsula. We are dedicated to help small business grow with our digital marketing strategies and website design. Every business needs a digital presence to be competitive today. We create amazing WordPress websites and have a driving passion to help small business professionals to maximise their online impact.
Our holistic approach and results-focused marketing is developed to generate more enquiries and improve your online presence.
Are you looking for web marketing services that connects you with your existing and potential clients. Find out how we can help you today.
Looking for inspiration? Check out our recent web development services and business logo projects.
We offer training so you can maximise your shiny new website either onsite, via Skype or as a downloadable package.
Like our articles? Get them delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up here.